Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Counterfeit Kit April Challenge - Big Titles

Happy Wednesday everyone! I don't know about you, but this week is just flying by for me … I can't believe how close we are to Easter! National Scrapbook Day will be here before we know it and then it will be *summer* …. I don't know why but I've always loved the idea of summer, and all things hot … {If you got that movie reference, we can be best friends}

Today there's a new challenge up over on the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog. This time around, we were asked to use an extra big title on our layout. I was really excited about this challenge because big titles are one of my favorite design elements on layouts. Here's what I came up with … 


A picture may be worth a thousand words but, when your pair a photo with a dramatic title, it really makes the story jump off the page. If you're not a fan of journaling, an extra long title like this one can help you capture the essence of the memory. I could have called this page "autumn" and been done with it … but "oh hello hello autumn, welcome back" lets viewers know that 1) these photos were taken at the beginning of the season; the first signs of autumn in my neighbourhood and 2) I liked autumn and was glad to welcome it back. Instead of scribbling this down on a journaling card, I was able to express it in a 6 word title.

If the idea of a "big title" inspires you, make sure to link up your projects over on the Counterfeit Kit Mr. Linky page! And be sure to visit Lesley and Leslie's blogs for more ideas!

14 comments :

  1. A beautiful page and gorgeous colours - the titel says it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great layout ! Love your stamped cork embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on this challenge! Lovely LO

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful layout. Really lovely and I'm a huge fan of autumn (my favourite time of year) which makes this page all the more appealing for me. Just lovely. I'm a failure as I don't recognise the movie quote :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous layout, loving the big title, the photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful photos Stephanie - love the world travel quote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous photos and great page elements.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful autumnal page - seems strange that over here we are just coming into spring :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greate combination of color in Stationary Design to present the welcome of autumn season....
    Thanks for sharing.....!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely LO to welcome Autumn in with all her glorious colours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much gorgeousness on one layout - lots of little details to love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! xo